Skip to main content

THE VICTORY FLAG - Offering to H.H. Jayapataka Maharaj

 
Today is the Vyas Puja (Appearance Day) of one of the greatest heroes the world has ever seen and definitely one of the biggest heroes in my life. Today is the Appearance Day of His Holiness Jayapataka Maharaj. "Jayapataka" means "Victory Flag". As his name suggests, Maharaj has achieved victory over insurmountable and seemingly impossible obstacles. His life is an emblem of one-pointed dedication to Guru, selfless service to the Vaishnavas and unparalleled compassion to the common people. Even after going through a life-threatening brain hemorrhage, a liver and a kidney transplant, he still continues to preach the message of His Dear Lord Chaitanya with great vigour and zeal. For him the word "Impossible" means "I am possible". His life is a glaring example to the entire world that, if one is possessed by a burning desire to serve Guru and Gauranga, then anything, literally anything is possible. 

Srila Prabhupada, in the initial days of ISKCON itself, recognised him and introduced him to the world as an eternal associate of Lord Chaitanya. Now, we can see with our own eyes how this is so very true. How this eternal associate of Lord Chaitanya has earnestly and sincerely assisted his spiritual master and toiled endlessly to plant the Victory Flag of the Sankirtan movement in every part of the world is a wonder of it's own and will be an important chapter in the modern Sankirtan era. By planting the Victory Flag of the Sankirtan movement around the world, Jayapataka Maharaj has proved true the words spoken by Lord Chaitanya - "param vijayate sri krishna sankirtanam" - "Let there Victory to the Sankirtan of the Holynames". 

Offering my most humble and respectful obeisances to the lotus feet of His Holiness Jayapataka Maharaj millions and millions of times and begging him to bestow a drop of his dedication, determination, devotion and compassion on this fallen yet hopeful soul. 

Your most insignificant servant,
Achyut Gopal Das.

Comments


  1. Paratattva means the Supreme Reality, who is understood by the knowers of the Supreme as Brahman, Paramātmā and Bhagavān,or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the last word in the Absolute.There is nothing more than that.The Lord says.


    His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada


    Vancha-kalpatarubhyas ca krpa-sindhubya eva ca patitanam pavanebhyo vaisnavebhyo namo namah

    sincerely,

    Paratattva, das

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SEEING THE UNSEEN HAND OF GOD

"kartum akartum anyatha kartum"  "Everything happening, not happening or otherwise happening is His happening." A few days ago, I had the opportunity to participate in a retreat for brahmacharis (monks) connected to the Radha Gopinath temple, Mumbai at the Govardhan Eco Village - the farm project of Radha Gopinath temple. Among other feelings, retreats like these always leaves you feeling a little more grounded and humble. You feel small in front of hundreds of other accomplished monks. The saying - " a big fish in a small pond becomes a small fish in a big pond " aptly summarizes the feeling one experiences in these Yatras. Another interesting experience was the experience of saving my slipper. May sound a little silly. But, it wasn't that silly given the fact that most monks have a similar kind of slipper (paduka type sandals). It was a kind of fun to try to hide my slippers in different places so that it wouldn't get interchanged with those of...

PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR DESIRE MANAGEMENT

“I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of, so they can see that it’s not the answer.” ― Jim Carrey, American - Canadian actor Long back, I heard this analogy to explain the nature of the unlimited desires in our hearts. It is explained in this analogy that, even if all the water bodies in earth are made into ink to fill a pen whose nib is as small as an atom and the sky is made into paper to write on; the ink will get exhausted, the nib will break and the paper will run-out but our list of desires will not get over - we will still have more left. Over these years of spiritual practices, I have realized the truth behind this analogy. I have become more aware of the dynamics of desires and it's working in life. Even though our hearts are filled with unlimited desires, luckily just a few jump into awareness every now and then, just like a few fish jump out of the surface of the ocean every now and then even though the ocean is filled with u...

THE UNSUNG HERO

A few days ago, I was traveling from Mumbai to Govardhan Eco Village (GEV), our farm at the outskirts of Mumbai. While on the way I somehow remembered about a unique spiritual personality, Punchari ka Lota Baba. I don't know how I remembered about him, but sometimes Krishna gives sudden remembrances. This was of course a pleasant one. Just by remembering him, I felt elated. There is a fascinating story of this great soul from Govardhan Hill at Vrindavan. I had gone to his temple at least 14 years back.  Something more interesting was that as I was walking in GEV, I came near the replica of Govardhan Hill which the devotees have made at GEV, and to my amazement, I was right in front of the replica shrine of Lota Baba. How Krishna fulfills spiritual desires is just amazing. This was nothing short of a miracle for me. I just thought of him a day back and now I am in front of his shrine having his darshan. I was in ecstasy seeing Lota Baba and remembering his life and example. I woul...