Skip to main content

THE PARALLEL OF LEAVING "THE WHATSAPP WORLD"

A few weeks ago, I exited from the WhatsApp platform after using it for years. Here are few parallels I drew between the experience of leaving "the WhatsApp world" and the experience one has of leaving this world.

I WILL ALWAYS EXIST
After leaving the WhatsApp world, I still exist similarly after leaving this world, one will still exist because as spirit soul, we are all eternal. Lord Krishna explains in Bhagvat-gita 2.12

na tv evāhaṁ jātu nāsaṁ
na tvaṁ neme janādhipāḥ
na caiva na bhaviṣyāmaḥ
sarve vayam ataḥ param

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."


"N" NUMBER OF WORLDS
The WhatsApp world is not the all in all similarly, this life of ours is not the all in all. Exiting from WhatsApp is just texting from one platform. There are so many other platforms to operate from. There are "n" number of little worlds that exist parallely in this universe. 

CONTINUE ON WITHOUT ME
"The WhatsApp world" and the WhatsApp groups I was part of continue unaffected without me similarly, this world and it's activities will continue even after one exists from this world. Therefore, there is nothing to be proud of.

COMMUNICATION BLOCKED
Even though I have left WhatsApp, I can still see what's happening in my previous WhatsApp groups once a while by peeking through the mobile of my friend but I can't communicate with anyone similarly, after leaving one's body one may be able to see what's happening in their previous world through some channel but one will not be able to communicate with the members of their previous world. 

AT ANY TIME...
I had a choice to quit using WhatsApp whenever I wanted but no one has choice as to when they will have to quit this body. The only thing is certain is that one will have to quit the body at sometime. Life is this meant to prepare for that inevitable, sudden moment. As Srila Prabhupada writes in his purport to Srimad Bhagvatam 3.11.33 - "It is necessary that every human being be responsible in preparing himself for the next life, even if he has a duration of life like that of Brahmā."
 
- Achyut Gopal Das

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR DESIRE MANAGEMENT

“I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of, so they can see that it’s not the answer.” ― Jim Carrey, American - Canadian actor Long back, I heard this analogy to explain the nature of the unlimited desires in our hearts. It is explained in this analogy that, even if all the water bodies in earth are made into ink to fill a pen whose nib is as small as an atom and the sky is made into paper to write on; the ink will get exhausted, the nib will break and the paper will run-out but our list of desires will not get over - we will still have more left. Over these years of spiritual practices, I have realized the truth behind this analogy. I have become more aware of the dynamics of desires and it's working in life. Even though our hearts are filled with unlimited desires, luckily just a few jump into awareness every now and then, just like a few fish jump out of the surface of the ocean every now and then even though the ocean is filled with u...

GETTING OUR ATTITUDES RIGHT

" Our altitude in life depends not on our aptitude but our attitude in life. " A few days ago was the appearance day of Sri Advait Acharya. Advaita Acharya is non different from Lord Vishnu and appeared as one of the most confidential associates of Lord Chaitanya. His life is filled with great lessons for all devotees in the line of Lord Chaitanya. Here are two most prominent and crucial lessons from His life that is very very important for devotees to understand. RIGHT ATTITUDE OF A PREACHER Advaita Acharya even though was Lord Vishnu Himself, still seeing the suffering condition of the human society, prayed to Lord Krishna to personally descend. Why? Because He thought, He was powerless to transform the hearts of the living entities. Just see, He Himself is the powerful Lord but still felt incapable. This is a true quality of a powerful preacher - he considers himself powerless and thus seeks and prays to access powers, higher than himself. By His earnest prayers, Lord Kr...

A RADHASHTAMI MEDITATION

Jai Sri Radhe!! Is the chant on everyone's minds and hearts now. Atleast in the minds and hearts of devotees. It's time to celebrate the most auspicious of auspicious festivals; it's time to celebrate Sri Radhashtami - the appearance day of Srimati Radharani. For devotees, Radhashtami is a more important festival than Janmashtami. Why? Because for the world Krishna is God but for devotees, Radha is God because they know that Krishna is subservient to the love of Radha. In our ISKCON circle, it is said that - Janmashtami is a public event but Radhashtami is a private event for only devotees who understand the supreme position of Srimati Radharani. On the most auspicious occasion of Radhashtami, I would like to bring to your attention a beautiful meditation that His Holiness Bhakti Tirtha Swami wrote many years back on this occasion called "An offering for the Divine Mother". The best prayer is to repeat the prayer of previous realized, great souls. Keeping thi...